Wednesday, October 31, 2012
The Simple Things In Life
I have loved traveling around the country and seeing beautiful beaches and volcanoes and animals that other things that I would never be able to see in the United States. However, the simple days here are what I am going to remember and miss the most! I was reminded of this on Monday. It was a pretty normal and routine day. I woke up and went to Spanish class in the morning and afterwards I came home for lunch like I do every day. When I got home my mom and aunt were cooking lunch and cleaning, which is a normal thing for me to come home to. I sat in the kitchen and talked to them and watched/learned how to cook a new dish made with platanos (my favorite food here!). After lunch I went to my other class and then went over to my sister Zeidy’s house because she asked me if I wanted to go to a meeting with her at Maximus’ (her 6 year old son) school. Zeidy and I left her house and caught a bus to Palmares, another small town a couple miles away. We walked to the school and listened to the teacher talk about the school activities for the rest of the year (here the school year ends in December) and then caught a bus back to San Ramón. On the way back we stopped at a grocery store and then ordered tacos on the way back to her house. I spent the rest of the night finishing my homework and then watching Combate (a reality type show here), like I do every night. This day was not too different from every other day I have here, but doing the simple daily life activities here are so fun and exciting to me. The difference here is that even though most of my days I have the same routine nothing is every mundane. I am always learning or experiencing something new whether it is a trying a new food or learning a new word, no day is exactly the same or every boring. Sometimes I get tired and frustrated of having to think when I speak, but it also keeps me on my toes. These simple things and days with my family are what I am going to miss the most about Costa Rica. I feel so blessed every day that I am here and get to experience these new things and learn more about this language, culture and people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





I'm so glad you are having such a good time and you are taking it all in. We miss you, but am at total peace when I see how you are thriving and loving it there. LOVED seeing you on skype yesterday...that was a treat!!! LOVE YA.
ReplyDelete