Thursday, October 11, 2012
Look Like Love
Theses lyrics from Britt Nicole’s song Look Like Love really hit home with me today:
“I want to look like love, be more than just enough for the hearts that are broken, coming undone. It is up to you and me, to leave a legacy if we are all they ever see. I want to look like love. If I believe there is a Savior, is there proof in me? Is He alive and breathing? Is He what they will remember? Is He what they see when they look at me?”
I know that I am here for a reason, more than just soaking up the sun and taking some classes in Spanish. But as always, life, even in Costa Rica, can become a little monotonous and I can fall into a routine and start to miss my friends and family and my “old life”. However, while listening to this song today I was reminded that I am called to be an example of Christ every single day and while I am in Costa Rica is no different, and almost even more important. That adds excitement to my daily life! I know that my family here has forever made an impact on my life and I will never forget them, but am I doing the same in their life? It is something I actually think about frequently. I am only here for 3 months and my family has had many students in the past and I am sure will have more in the future. Am I any different? What do I want them to remember about me? The answer to that question should be yes and that they are seeing Christ shining through me and living in me even if they don’t know that that is what they are seeing. Especially with the language barrier, I am not always able to express myself and who I really am with my words, but I can always express myself through my actions. So my prayer for myself, and my prayer request, is that I won’t forget what my calling is here, and in my life, and that Christ will shine so bright through me that people can’t miss him! That HE is what they see when they look at me and that HE is what they will remember.
On another note, I went to Manuel Antonio, one of the most beautiful national parks in the world, this last weekend with 10 of my classmates. We had a blast laying on the beach, swimming in the ocean, seeing some wildlife and my favorite part, hiking!!! Only bad part…lost my sunglasses in the ocean, but it was worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My prayer for you for weeks has been that you would be a blessing to all those you meet and spend time with every day you are there!! I have no doubt that is what is happening!!
ReplyDeletePraying for Jesus to shine through you!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI can't get over how cool of a person you are.
ReplyDeleteThis is my favorite blog this far. Warm and inspiring. Love you Syd!
ReplyDelete