Monday, August 20, 2012

The Preparations

Pura Vida. Literally translated in Spanish it means "Pure Life", but it is kind of like the national motto for Costa Rica. It is a saying that they use in place of, hello, goodbye, cool, sweet and many other things. Of course I can't speak from experience on that yet, but that is what they tell me. So, I thought it would be a good title for the blog. It still isn't completely real to me that I am beginning this adventure in one week from today. My mind is still a combination of excitement, nervousness and denial. I am exciting about living in and experiencing another south american country and all that comes with that, nervous mostly about having to speak, read, write, and pretty much do everything in Spanish, and in denial that it is going to rock my socks off and challenge me in many ways! However, I know that this is exactly where the Lord wants me and that no matter what he will be with me, so whatever comes my way in these next 3 and a half months, I will make it! As my journey continues I will try my best to post about what I am experiencing and learning as well as pictures and prayer requests. This week I would really appreciate prayers for safe travels for me and the rest of my group as well as a calm and trusting heart as I embark on this new journey and many changes soon. Until next time, may the packing and preparations continue.

4 comments:

  1. Can you do the thing so I can follow you...that way I know when you update. Pretty please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you! What an amazing time full of adventures you will have :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each morning when I run, I spend the last 7 minutes cooling down with the Lord in prayer. I will be praying for you Syd. Joy, friendships and your ever growing relationship with the Lord. I am looking forward to your blog and encourage you into persuing the unknown territory. This is like another 1/2 marathon. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete